Eating out with family or friends is one of the greatest joys whilst away on holiday, so we have compiled a list of some of the best fine dining restaurants in Cornwall. Be it a special occasion, a holiday treat or just an excuse to share time all together, why not dine in style and sample exceptional culinary fayre without having to journey far from your Cornish Seaview Cottage.
There is a veritable feast of exceptional seafood awaiting you from the Cornish coastal larder. Combine this with breath-taking scenery, picturesque harbour villages, glorious weather, and Cornwall becomes the natural choice for high-profile Chef’s.
The prestigious Michelin starred badge and Michelin Bib Gourmand restaurants can be found dotted across the county, so have fun on your culinary journey!
This fantastic restaurant has won a Michelin Star and four AA Rosettes to date. The food itself is modern British with an emphasis on Cornish sourced produce, all created in a wonderful Georgian townhouse setting in the heart of Padstow. Paul Ainsworth has held his Michelin star since 2012 and his Padstow restaurant is known for being a really friendly place.
- The nearest Cornish Seaview Cottages property are the Beau Vista Apartments, First Floor & Ground Floor, both sleep 10 and are just a 12 minute walk away.
- Call Paul Ainsworth at No. 6 Middle St, Padstow PL28 8AP, to make a booking call 01841 532093 or visit their website
Image by Paul Ainsworth at No 6
Nathan Outlaw’s flagship restaurant in Port Isaac prides itself on using sustainable seafood ingredients from local inshore day boats. The menu itself ‘celebrates small, original and delicious seafood.’ It boasts two Michelin Stars, four AA Rosettes and Good Food Guide 2018 Best Restaurant
- Our nearest Port Isaac properties are Little Sark, sleeps 4, a leisurely 15 minute walk and Bay View, sleeping 10, a mere 10 minute walk.
- Call 01208 880896 to make a booking, 6 New Road, Port Isaac, PL29 3SB or visit their website
Image by Nathan Outlaw
This renowned fish chef has not one, but two Michelin-star restaurants in Port Isaac and this one is the more affordable and relaxed of the two. Set within a 15th century fisherman’s cottage overlooking Port Isaac harbour the restaurant comprises just eight tables with an intimate yet lively atmosphere. Head Chef Tim Barnes’ menu is dictated by the sea and the fishermen, the kitchen obliges with a daily roster of Michelin-starred sharing plates based on the catch from the inshore boats.
- Book by calling 01208 881183, 1 Middle Street, Port Isaac, PL29 3RH or the visit the website.
Image by Outlaws Fish Kitchen
Cornish chef Chris Eden heads up the kitchen at the Driftwood restaurant in Portscatho, which is part of a gorgeous cliff top hotel overlooking Gerrans Bay on the stunning Roseland Peninsula. The freshest Cornish seafood and most flavoursome meat, reared from roaming cattle, are the basis of the Driftwood dishes. A worthy Michelin Star holder and Four AA Rosette restaurant.
- Enjoy dishes of incredible award-winning food and even afternoon tea, by calling 01872 580644 or visit their website. Driftwood Hotel, Rosevine, Portscatho, Cornwall, TR2 5EW
- Our wonderful 3 bed coastal property, Snipe Cottage in Portscatho is 7 minutes by car or why not follow the SW coast path for 30 minutes and enjoy the pleasure of the wonderful Cornish scenery.
Image by Driftwood
Restaurants with Michelin Bib Gourmands
In 1997, Michelin introduced a “Bib Gourmand” award, which it describes as “not quite a star” but a nod of approval for “friendly establishments that serve good food at moderate prices.”
These wonderful restaurants justly deserve their place on every list of fine dining experiences and are close to Acton Castle, The Beau Vista Apartments, Crackington Haven properties, Seagull Barn and Boskenna.
Rick Stein’s Café, Padstow
Cornwall’s best-known chef, Rick Stein has well and truly put Padstow on the foodie map. Rick Stein’s Café, offers up simple fish dishes with imaginative flavours, in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. It’s also a great place to enjoy a tasty, freshly made breakfast.
- Middle Street, Padstow, PL28 8AP. T:01841 532700 or check out the website.
- The Beau Vista Apartments are a short 12 minute walk to the Café.
Image by Rick Stein
This historic maritime pub in the heart of Newlyn is an irresistible dining destination for seafood lovers, where a chalkboard menu evolves to reflect the seasonal ingredients. The kitchen is headed up by renowned Cornish chef Ben Tunnicliffe, whose ethos is to combine flavours simply and instinctively. The Tolcarne Inn is a relaxed setting in which to enjoy Cornwall’s famous food culture at its very best.
- Newlyn, Penzance, Cornwall TR18 5PR. T:01736 363074 or take a look at their website.
- An easy 15 minute drive west from The Garden Apartment, Acton Castle, Rosudgeon.
Image by Tolcarne Inn
Kota, meaning ‘shellfish’ in Maori, (chef Jude is half Maori, half Chinese Malay) is set in a 300 year old building, right on the harbour front of the historic fishing village of Porthleven. Here Jude works his culinary magic on the best local Cornish produce using his signature Asian twist.
- Harbour Head, Porthleven, Helston, TR13 9JA. Visit the website or call 01326 562407
- Only a 10 minute drive east from The Garden Apartment, Acton Castle, Rosudgeon.
Image by Kota
Headed by Emily Scott, director and chef, Emily creates an ever-evolving menu that combines her passion for beautiful, seasonal food with the best Cornish produce available in this wonderful village location. The inn has a warm and cosy atmosphere and a passion for simple, rustic cuisine, real ales and fine wines.
- To book call 01208 850 656, visit the website – St Tudy, Bodmin, PL30 3NN.
- Our Crackington Haven, Tintagel & Boscastle properties are all within a half hour drive of the Inn.
Image by Tudy Inn