Plume of Feathers
Situated just 0.3 miles from Snipe Cottage in Portscatho this pub has been recommended by the owners of Snipe.
Blessed with being just a few feet from the ocean our chefs source only the best of local Cornish produce.
The menu changes almost daily due to the freshness of our products and the products available that day. Everything is prepared on the premises, from the breads and chips to the black pudding scotch eggs.
Please ensure you book for Sunday Lunch.
The Plume of Feathers was built in 1756 for the Jennings family. The Inn now one of the three oldest buildings in the village was built in the Wayfield, now forming the centre of the village. The Plume was advertised to let in 1791 as a ‘well accustomed inn’ with stable and with 4 acres of exceedingly good land. The Plume of Feathers like the other local inns brewed their own beer in days gone by. The beer was brewed in what is now the cellar bar. The water for the brewing was channelled from the village pump just outside and fed viva a wooden guttering through a hole in the wall which can still be seen. The village pump in those days stood in what is now the middle of the road and was only moved to its present position with the arrival of the motor car