Sleeps 4 in 3 bedrooms. A pretty traditional Cornish cottage with far reaching views across the fields, large garden and just 2 miles from the beaches of Rock and Polzeath. WiFi. 2 Dogs welcome.
Number 4 Trevanger Cottage is a traditional end of terrace Cornish cottage with slate roof located in a quiet spot within the pretty village of St Minver. It has its own large private garden that surrounds the cottage on all three sides and is close to the exclusive resort of Rock, Daymer and Polzeath beach. Trevanger cottage offers cosy, comfortable accommodation.
Having been extended the cottage now has three lovely bedrooms on the first floor offering restful countryside views. The large master bedroom with king size bed has a wonderful apex ceiling for an open airy feel, with far reaching views across fields and farmland. There are 2 further bedrooms each with a single bed. Off the landing is a separate toilet and hand basin.
Downstairs the flooring is all slate and wood. There is a modern well equipped open plan kitchen/dining room with welcoming wood burner for cozy, sociable evenings sat around the table. There is a dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, and fridge with freezer compartment, all the essentials for a relaxing self catering holiday.
There is a large triple aspect living room with another enticing wood burner to keep everyone toasty warm.
A wonderful spacious conservatory with comfy sofas provides a tranquil spot for reading and relaxing. It is perfect whatever the weather as it can be heated when chilly or the doors thrown open on summer days.
Step outside and you will find a large patio with garden table and chairs ideal for family alfresco dining and entertaining on those long summer evenings. The expansive grassy private garden gives children and dogs plenty of safe enclosed space to run around and play in. There are lovely quiet corners to sit and read a book in, or shady spots under a tree.
There is a good sized family bathroom located downstairs with bath, shower and WC.
The pretty village of St Minver is in the popular holiday area that includes the famous resorts of Rock and Polzeath and is also close to Padstow and Wadebridge. Rock is famed for its excellent water sports and the sandy beach at low tide stretches to stunning Daymer Bay with rolling surf and rock pools for exploring.
The local 18th century pub, The Fourways Inn, is in walking distance of Trevanger Cottage and offers great local food and fine Cornish ales!
From Rock, hop on a ferry across the Camel estuary to Padstow and browse the boutiques, art galleries and the wonderful Rick Stein’s fish and chips.
Take a day trip to Port Isaac’s’ picturesque cove and maybe bump into Doc Martin while you are there or for the energetic try your hand at kayaking at Port Quin.
Walkers and cyclists will love the miles of coastal path and The Camel Trail; there is golf at the famous Endoc Golf Club and horse-riding nearby.
The town of Wadebridge is just four miles away, great for stocking up on your supplies. You can hire bikes here and enjoy the varied routes of The Camel Trail.
Polzeath, one of Cornwall’s most popular family beaches is another favourite with the surfers and body boarders and there are plenty of places to hire a wet suit in the chillier months. There are surf schools at all the beaches and sailing and water skiing in Rock.
There are also plenty of opportunities nearby to enjoy seal-spotting, bird watching, coarse and sea fishing.
- Large master double bedroom
- 2 single bedrooms
- Upstairs cloakroom with hand basin & WC
- Well-equipped kitchen with table and chairs, dishwasher, washing machine, cooker, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment
- Woodburner in kitchen/diner
- Triple aspect living room with wood burner
- Conservatory with sofas leading to secluded patio and large garden
- Downstairs family bathroom with bath, shower & WC
- Private off road parking for 3 cars
- WiFi, however, please bear in mind when booking, that Trevanger is a rural property which means that internet and mobile phone reception is intermittent and not always reliable
- Towels and bed linen are provided at the property with beds made up on arrival for your comfort. Please provide your own beach towels. All services are included in the tariff.
- A cot and highchair is not provided, but can be hired from www.rockabyehire.co.uk
- No smoking house
- Two well behaved dogs are welcome (£25 per dog), but ask that they are kept downstairs and off the furniture.
- No hen/stag parties