Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms. A pretty traditional Cornish cottage. WiFi. 2 Dogs welcome.
Number 4 Trevanger Cottages is a pretty, cosy, end of terrace Cornish cottage with traditional slate roof located in a quiet spot within the pretty village of St Minver. It has its own large private garden that surrounds the cottage on three sides and is close to the exclusive resort of Rock along with Daymer and Polzeath beach.
Step outside 4 Trevanger Cottages and you will find a large patio with garden table and chairs ideal for family alfresco dining and entertaining on those long summer evenings, moreover, the expansive grassy private garden gives children and dogs plenty of safe enclosed space to run around and play in. There are double wrought iron gates from the driveway onto the lane and another smaller one from the pedestrian pathway to the lane. There are lovely quiet corners to sit and read a book, or shady spots under a tree.
A modern well equipped open plan kitchen and dining room with wood and slate flooring and a welcoming wood burner for cozy, sociable evenings sat around the table. Equipped with all the essentials, everything is set for a relaxing, self catering, family holiday.
Large windows provides the comfy lounge with plenty of light and far reaching views besides another enticing wood burner to keep everyone toasty and warm on chilly evenings.
Wonderfully spacious, the conservatory with it’s comfy sofas provides a tranquil spot for reading and relaxing. Perfect whatever the weather as it can be heated when chilly or the doors thrown open on summer days.
Finally, downstairs, is the family bathroom with bath tub, walk-in double shower, basin and toilet.
Upstairs are three bedrooms. The gabled master bedroom with king-size double bed and two additional bedrooms, both of a good size, one has a double bed and one has full size bunk beds. For convenience there is an upstairs cloakroom with toilet and basin.
The pretty village of St Minver is just a 6 minute drive from the famous resorts of Rock and Polzeath. Padstow and Wadebridge are also close by.
Rock is famed for its excellent water sports with surf schools, sailing and water skiing. Furthermore, when the tide is low the sandy beach stretches to stunning Daymer Bay with it’s rolling surf and rock pools to explore.
Polzeath, one of Cornwall’s most popular family beaches, is another favourite with the surfers and body boarders and there are plenty of places to hire a wet suit in the chillier months.
From Rock, hop on a ferry across the Camel estuary to Padstow and browse the boutiques, art galleries and the wonderful Rick Stein’s fish and chips. Take a day trip to Port Isaac’s’ picturesque cove and maybe bump into Doc Martin while you are there. For the energetic try your hand at kayaking at Port Quin.
Walkers and cyclists and horse riders will love the miles of coastal paths and for golfers there is the famous Endoc Golf Club. There are also plenty of opportunities nearby to enjoy seal-spotting, bird watching, coarse and sea fishing.
The local 18th century pub, The Fourways Inn, is in walking distance of Trevanger Cottage and offers great local food and fine Cornish ales!
Wadebridge is just four miles away, perfect and convenient for stocking up on supplies. You can hire bikes here and enjoy the varied routes of The Camel Trail.
- Large master double bedroom with king size bed
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 bedroom with full size bunks
- Upstairs cloakroom with hand basin and toilet
- Well-equipped kitchen with table and chairs, dishwasher, washing machine, cooker, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment
- Woodburner in kitchen/diner
- Triple aspect living room with wood burner
- Conservatory with sofas leading to secluded patio and large garden
- Downstairs family bathroom with bath tub, walk-in double shower, basin and toilet
- Private off road parking for 3 cars
- WiFi. Please bear in mind it is a rural property so internet and mobile phone reception is intermittent and not always reliable.
- Towels and bed linen are provided at the property with beds made up on arrival for your comfort. Please provide your own beach towels.
- All services, central heating and electricity are included
- A cot and highchair is not provided, but can be hired from www.rockabyehire.co.uk
- Two well behaved dogs are welcome (£25 per dog), but ask that they are kept downstairs and off the furniture.
- No hen/stag parties
- No smoking