Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms. Sea Views. Wifi. 1 Small Dog
Sitting in an elevated position in the pretty south coast village of Portscatho, with glorious views of the sea and Porthcurnick beach in the distance. This beautifully refurbished cottage is light and fresh whilst retaining a charming Cornish feel it’s the perfect seaside holiday home.
Furthermore just a 5 minute walk down the hill takes you into the village to enjoy the harbour, pubs, cafes and pretty shops and galleries. Additionally, the sandy beach at Porthcurnick is just a 15 minute walk away.
A wonderful raised decking area makes the most of the outdoor space, perfect for relaxing on a summer’s evening and enjoying the far reaching sea views. Gated steps lead down to a delightful, fully enclosed lawned garden.
Entering the house from the front through the porch, handy for shoes and coats, head off to the right to a large, modern, well equipped kitchen with a delightful mezzanine dining area. This overlooks the sitting room and again takes full advantage of the views out across Portscatho and the sea. Carry on down a short set of stairs from the hallway into the sitting room with it’s cosy wood burner for chilly evenings and comfy sofas to relax and unwind. Furthermore, in the summer, open up the patio doors to enjoy the warmth of the Cornish sun from the decked balcony, perfect for dining outside.
Also on the lower ground floor is a double bedroom with views out to the coast, bay and beach. In addition there is a convenient shower room opposite with walk-in shower, basin and toilet.
Upstairs is the master double bedroom. Next a twin room with 2 single beds. Both enjoy amazing sea views. Finally, there is a family bathroom with bath tub, overhead shower, basin and toilet.
Nestled on the south coast Roseland Peninsular, Portscatho is a charming coastal village offering all you could wish for in a family holiday destination by the sea. The pretty village has a choice of cafes, good pubs and lovely galleries and shops for you to enjoy. Furthermore a convenience store, butcher and nearby farm shop, selling fruit, veg, cheese and freshly caught fish and seafood, provides all the necessities and more. Enjoy a day out to Truro, just 9 miles away via the scenic King Harry Ferry crossing at Philleigh. The busy historic cathedral town boasts a range of high street and independent shops, in addition to plenty of restaurants, bars and cafes.
The South West Coast Path passes right through the village, therefore providing easy access to mile upon mile of fantastic walks with stunning scenery. If you take the cliff path north of Portscatho you will find Porthcurnick beach. At low tide, this beach has acres of flat sand, perfect for games of cricket, but you might have to wade a fair way to get a decent swim! It is a National Trust owned beach and toilet facilities are available. Further east are Carne beach and Pendower beach which, at low tide, join to form an even bigger expanse of sand where dogs are allowed all year round.
For “those in the know” the Hidden Hut cafe is a special place – you literally can’t get much closer to the sea whilst enjoying a hot cup of tea and cake. They offer a tantalising array of baked goods together with some delicious hot dishes and salads. It’s a hidden gem that people travel far to find, yet its position on the local beach of Porthcurnick means its just a 15 minute walk from the property.
Activities such as golf and horse riding can all be found only a short drive away.
- First floor master double bedroom
- First floor twin bedroom with 2 single beds
- First floor family bathroom with bath tub, shower over, basin and toilet
- Lower ground floor double bedroom
- Lower ground floor shower room with walk-in shower, basin and toilet
- Sitting room with wood burner, television and DVD player, sound system
- Fully fitted modern kitchen with washing machine, tumble drier, fridge freezer, dishwasher, double oven, ceramic hob, extractor fan
- Mezzanine dining room
- Car parking for one car with additional parking space available in the local car park only a short walk from the cottage.
- Cot and Highchair
- Board games and selection of books
- Electricity, central heating and all services included
- Bed linen and bath towels are provided, please bring your own beach towels
- Strict limit to 1 small, well behaved dog
- No hen, stag or young groups
- Strictly non smoking property including all outside areas, deck and garden