It’s nearly time to wrap up warm and light those sparklers! Fireworks night will soon be upon us and to help your night go with a bang we’ve rounded up some of the best local firework displays lighting up the north Cornish skies. So head out under the stars and watch explosions of colour illuminate the coast. They’ll be bonfires, toffee apples and plenty of oohs and aahs!!
Watergate Bay 2019 Fireworks : Saturday 2nd November, from 7pm
Watergate Bay will be lit up by a fireworks display, even bigger than last year. The event is a non-profit community event, hosted by WAX. There will be collections for local organisations, raffles, music and stands selling hot drinks & food.
Bodmin : Tuesday 5th November, from 6pm
Bodmin’s annual bonfire, laser show and grand fireworks display. Funfair, children’s rides, as well as food and drink stalls. For more information call 01208 76616.
Priory Park Football Field, Bodmin Cornwall PL31 2AA
Bude : Friday 1st November, from 6pm
Bude Rugby Club is the place to be for Bonfire Night!! Starting with a Guy Fawkes Competition at 6pm before lighting of the Bonfire, followed by another brilliant Fireworks Display at 7pm. The Bar will be open, and there’s a BBQ as well!
Bude Rugby Club, Bencoolen Meadow, Bude, EX23 8QG
Lappa Valley, nr Newquay : Saturday 2nd November, at 7.30pm
A whole weekend of celebrations marking the end of the season with fireworks and a steam extravaganza on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd November. There will be a collection of full size and miniature traction engines, fairground organs, plus visiting steam engines on the railways!
Saturday’s firework display starts at 7.30pm and costs just £5.
Port Gaverne, nr Port Isaac : Saturday 26 October from 6pm
This year sees a ‘one off visit’ by Derek Deaden. He is top of his game in the world of pyrotechnics having done ‘The Queens Jubilee’ and is coming to Port Gaverne. There will be food by the super talented ‘Andy Sheridan’ from 2019 Great British Menu!
The Port Gaverne Hotel and Pilchards Cafe will be open. Hog Roast, Fish Finger Sandwiches, Pad Thai, Toffee Apples and more… plus live music playing all evening!
Port Gaverne Hotel, Port Isaac, Cornwall, PL29 3SQ
Trebarwith Strand, nr Tintagel : Saturday November 2nd, from 3pm
The Port William Inn’s annual Fireworks and Halloween night is on a Saturday 2nd November, raising money for Missing People Charity. No Tickets- just come on down!!
3:00pm- Children’s crafts and games, glitter tattoos and pumpkin carving.
5:00pm-6:45pm- Childrens Disco with prizes for the best fancy dress!!
From 7:00pm- Fireworks Display by SkyBurst firework company
7:30pm- Disco and Dancing.
The Port William Inn, Trebarwith Strand, Tintagel, Cornwall PL34 0HB
Firework Safety Tips
Here are a few essential fireworks safety tips to make sure your bonfire night is fun and safe for you and your family…
- Stand a safe distance away from both fire and fireworks.
- Don’t go near a firework after it has been lit.
- Only use sparklers if supervised by an adult.
- Only use sparklers if wearing gloves.
- Light only one sparkler at a time and do so at arm’s length.
- Show children how to hold sparklers safely.
- Keep lit sparklers away from face and body.
- Never touch the end of a sparkler even after it has burned out.
Don’t forget to keep your dogs safe too!
Here are our top tips to help make bonfire night less scary for your four-legged friend…
- Feed your dog early as they may not feel relaxed enough to eat once the noise starts. Also take your evening walk earlier before dark to avoid being frightened.
- Close the windows and draw the curtains to muffle the sounds and block out the bright flashes.
- Put on the TV or radio fairly loudly (especially if you are going out) to help distract from the bangs outside.
- Make a safe den for your dog where he can hide if he feels frightened.